- Course : Honor Calculus and Practice 1 (고급수학 및 연습 1)
- Course number : 033.003 003
- This course is intended for students who got 「Honor calculus level」 in mathematics achievement test.
- Textbook : Hong Jong Kim, Calculus 1 (English translation), SNU Press
- This course is more intensive than calculus 1. The last section of each chapter will be taught in this course.
- Reference : Sungpyo Hong, Calculus, Postech, 2006
- Evaulation : Midterm(200 points) + Final(200 points) + Quiz(40 points) + Attendance(10 points) = Total 450 points
Most of attendees will get A or B grade in this course. But C or lower grade also might be given if one's performance is really poor.
- Caution!! You will automatically get "F" for the final course grade if you miss the midterm of the final without notice.
- The following is a tentative syllabus.
- The above schedule may change, depending on the progress of the course.
2nd(Mon) : Entrance ceremony.
No lecture on March 2nd.)
1.1, 1.2, 1.3 Sequence and series, Geometric series, Comparison test
|March 2nd(Mon): Entrance ceremony|
|2nd(3/9-3/13)||1.4, 1.5, 1.6, 1.7 Root test, Ratio test, Integral test, Alternation series and absolute convergence|
|3rd(3/16-3/20)||1.8, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3 Real numbers, , Power series, Radius of convergence, The exponential function||Quiz 1|
|4th(3/23-3/27)||2.4, 2.5, 2.6, 2.7 Trigonometric functions, Hyperbolic functions, Inverse trigonometric functions, Differential equations and some proofs||March 25th(Wed): 1st quarter of the semester|
|5th(3/30-4/3)||3.1, 3.2, 3.3 Cauchy’s mean value theorem, L’Hopital’s rule, Linear and polynomial approximations||Quiz 2|
|6th(4/6-4/10)||3.4, 3.5, 3.6 Taylor’s theorem, Taylor series, Taylor expansion at an arbitrary point|
|7th(4/13-4/17)||4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 4.4 Cartesian spaces, Polar coordinates, Cylindrical and Spherical coordinates, Euclidean spaces||Midterm exam on April 18th 1pm-3pm|
|8th(4/20-4/24)||5.1, 5.2, 5.3, 5.4 Parallel translation, Directed line segments and vectors, The inner product, Equations for lines and planes||April 20th(Mon): 2nd quarter of the semester - Deadline of dropping the course|
|9th(4/27-5/1)||5.5, 5.6, 6.1, 6.2 Linear dependence and independence, Basis and dimensions of spaces, Matrices, Linear transformations||Quiz 3|
|10th(5/4-5/8)||7.1, 7.2, 7.3 Inverse matrices, Permutations, Determinants||May 5th(Tue): Children’s day|
|11th(5/11-5/15)||7.4, 8.1, 8.2, 8.3 Signs of permutations. Properties of determinants, The cross product, cross products and matrices, Torque|
|12th(5/18-5/22)||9.1, 9.2, 9.3 Parametrized curves, Acceleration vectors, Reparametrizations||May 19th(Tue): 3rd quarter of the semester
|13th(5/25-5/29)||9.4, 9.5, 9.6 Length of cures, Polar coordinates and areas, Arc length and reparametrizations||May 25th(Mon): Buddha’s birthday|
|14th(6/1-6/5)||9.7, 9.8 Line integrals, Curvature||Final exam on June 6th 1pm-3pm
June 6th(Sat): Memorial day
|15th(6/8-6/12)||Make up classes||June 12th(Fri): End of spring semester|
||Phone number[880-]||Class time
|003||Atanas Iliev||ailiev (at) snu.ac.kr||27-201||4445||Mon
|003||Hyo Seok Jang||hyoseok.jang (at) snu.ac.kr||27-222||4075||Fri 13:00~14:50||500-L303|