Junho Peter Whang
Office: Building 27 Room 302
Email: jwhang [at] snu [dot] ac [dot] kr
2021 - Assistant Professor. Seoul National University.
2018 - 2021 C.L.E. Moore Instructor. Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
2013 - 2018 PhD. Princeton University. Advisor: Peter Sarnak.
2009 - 2013 BScH. Queen's University.
Papers and preprints
- Surfaces, braids, Stokes matrices, and points on spheres.[arXiv]
With Yu-Wei Fan. Submitted.
- Surface group representations in SL2(C) with finite mapping class orbits. [arXiv]
With Indranil Biswas, Subhojoy Gupta, and Mahan Mj. Geometry & Topology, to appear.
- The rank two p-curvature conjecture on generic curves. [arXiv]
With Anand Patel and Ananth Shankar. Advances in Mathematics, to appear.
- Arithmetic of curves on moduli of local systems. [arXiv]
Algebra Number Theory, 14(10), 2575-2605 (2020).
- Nonlinear descent on moduli of local systems. [arXiv]
Israel Journal of Mathematics, 240, 935-1004 (2020).
- Global geometry on moduli of local systems for surfaces with boundary. [arXiv]
Compositio Mathematica, 156(8), 1517-1559 (2020).
- The uncertainty principle and a generalization of a theorem of Tao.
With Ram M. Murty. Linear Algebra and its Applications, 437(1), 214-220 (2012).
- Another Proof of the Infinitude of the Prime Numbers.
American Mathematical Monthly, 117(2), 181 (2010).
- Diophantine reciprocity on the one-holed torus. [PDF]
This page was updated on August 13, 2021.