https://www.math.snu.ac.kr/board/files/attach/images/701/ff97c54e6e21a4ae39315f9a12b27314.png
Extra Form
강연자 Jens Hoppe
소속 서강대학교
date 2014-04-03

Many aspects of the differential geometry of embedded Riemannian manifolds, including curvature, can be formulated in terms of multi-linear algebraic structures on the space of smooth functions. For matrix analogues of embedded surfaces, one can define discrete curvature, and a noncommutative Gauss-Bonnet theorem. After giving a general introduction to the Poisson-algebraic reformulation for surfaces, as well as explaining a method to associate sequences of finite dimensional matrices to them, I will focus on concrete examples, including noncommutative analogues of minimal surfaces (that play a central role in one of the more promising attempts to unify the known physical interactions)

Atachment
첨부 '1'
  1. The classification of fusion categories and operator algebras

Category수학강연회 소속Kyoto University 강연자Masaki Izumi
    Read More
  2. Green’s function for initial-boundary value problem

In this talk, we will present an approach to construct the Green’s function for an initial boundary value problem with precise pointwise structure in the space-time domain. This approach is given in terms of transform variable and physical v...
    Category수학강연회 소속National Univ. of Singapore 강연자Shih-Hsien Yu
    Read More
  3. Mechanization of proof: from 4-Color theorem to compiler verification

I will give a broad introduction to how to mechanize mathematics (or proof), which will be mainly about the proof assistant Coq. Mechanizing mathematics consists of (i) defining a set theory, (2) developing a tool that allows writing definit...
    Category수학강연회 소속서울대 컴퓨터공학부 강연자허충길
    Read More
  4. On the distributions of partition ranks and cranks

To explain Ramanujan's integer partition function congruences, Dyson's rank and Andrews-Garvan's crank have been introduced. The generating functions for these two partition statistics are typical examples of mock Jacobi forms and Jacobi for...
    Category수학강연회 소속서울과학기술대학교 강연자김병찬
    Read More
  5. Q-curvature in conformal geometry

In this talk, I will talk about the definition Q-curvature and some of its properties. Then I will talk about the problem of prescribing Q-curvature, especially I will explain the ideas of studying the problem using flow approach.
    Category수학강연회 소속서강대 강연자Pak Tung Ho
    Read More
  6. Zeros of the derivatives of the Riemann zeta function

I will introduce behavior of the derivatives of the Riemann zeta function.
    Category수학강연회 소속연세대 강연자기하서
    Read More
  7. Geometry, algebra and computation in moduli theory

I will explain the basic concepts of moduli and how moduli spaces can be constructed in algebraic geometry. Exploring the moduli spaces and issues arising from their construction lead to interesting interplay of geometry, algebra and computa...
    Category수학강연회 소속서울대 강연자현동훈
    Read More
  8. Gromov-Witten-Floer theory and Lagrangian intersections in symplectic topology

Gromov introduced the analytic method of pseudoholomorphic curves into the study of symplectic topology in the mid 80's and then Floer broke the conformal symmetry of the equation by twisting the equation by Hamiltonian vector fields. We sur...
    Category수학강연회 소속IBS, 포항공과대학교 강연자오용근
    Read More
  9. High dimensional nonlinear dynamics

In this talk, I am trying to introduce “what is high dimensional chaos” and also my research works in this area.
    Category수학강연회 소속경북대학교 강연자도영해
    Read More
  10. What is model theory?

I will introduce the basic notions of model theory, a branch of mathematical logic, and survey its applications to other areas of mathematics such as analysis, algebra, combinatorics and number theory. If time permits I will present recent w...
    Category수학강연회 소속연세대 강연자김병한
    Read More
  11. Essential dimension of simple algebras

The notion of essential dimension was introduced by Buhler and Reichstein in the late 90s. Roughly speaking, the essential dimension of an algebraic object is the minimal number of algebraically independent parameters one needs to define the...
    Category수학강연회 소속KAIST 강연자백상훈
    Read More
  12. Restriction theorems for real and complex curves

We will talk about the Fourier restriction theorems for non-degenerate and degenerate curves in Euclidean space Rd. This problem was first studied by E. M. Stein and C. Fefferman for the circle and sphere, and it still remains an unsolved pr...
    Category수학강연회 소속포항공과대학교 강연자박종국
    Read More
  13. Recommendation system and matrix completion: SVD and its applications (학부생을 위한 강연)

이 강연에서는 최근 음악, 영화 추천 등 다양한 Recommendation System의 기본 아이디어인 Matrix Completion 문제와, 이를 해결하기 위해 Singular Value Decomposition을 통한 차원 축소 및 내재 공간 학습이 어떤 원리로 이루어 지는지 설명합니다. 그리고 ...
    Category수학강연회 소속서울대 전기공학부 강연자정교민
    Read More
  14. Deformation spaces of Kleinian groups and beyond

From 1980’s, the study of Kleinian groups has been carried out in the framework of the paradigm of “Thurston’s problems”. Now they are all solved, and we can tackle deeper problems; for instance to determine the topological types of the defo...
    Category수학강연회 소속Osaka University 강연자Kenichi Ohshika
    Read More
  15. Idempotents and topologies

A classical theorem of Jacobs, de Leeuw and Glicksberg shows that a representation of a group on a reflexive Banach space may be decomposed into a returning subspace and a weakly mixing subspace. This may be realized as arising from the idem...
    Category수학강연회 소속University of Waterloo 강연자Nico Spronk
    Read More
  16. Recent progress on the Brascamp-Lieb inequality and applications

In his survey paper in the Bulletin of the AMS from 2002, R. J. Gardner discussed the Brunn-Minkowski inequality, stating that it deserves to be better known and painted a beautiful picture of its relationship with other inequalities in anal...
    Category수학강연회 소속Saitama University 강연자Neal Bez
    Read More
  17. Existence of positive solutions for φ-Laplacian systems

SNU-LeeAbstract.pdf
    Category수학강연회 소속이용훈 강연자수학강연회,특별강연,대중강연
    Read More
  18. Riemann-Hilbert correspondence for irregular holonomic D-modules

The original Riemann-Hilbert problem is to construct a liner ordinary differential equation with regular singularities whose solutions have a given monodromy. Nowadays, it is formulated as a categorical equivalence of the category of regular...
    Category수학강연회 소속서울대학교/RIMS 강연자Masaki Kashiwara
    Read More
  19. Normal form reduction for unconditional well-posedness of canonical dispersive equations

Normal form method is a classical ODE technique begun by H. Poincare. Via a suitable transformation one reduce a differential equation to a simpler form, where most of nonresonant terms are cancelled. In this talk, I begin to explain the not...
    Category수학강연회 소속KAIST 강연자권순식
    Read More
  20. Random conformal geometry of Coulomb gas formalism

Several cluster interfaces in 2D critical lattice models have been proven to have conformally invariant scaling limits, which are described by SLE(Schramm-Loewner evolution) process, a family of random fractal curves. As the remarkable achie...
    Category수학강연회 소속서울대학교 강연자강남규
    Read More
Board Pagination Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next
/ 11