https://www.math.snu.ac.kr/board/files/attach/images/701/ff97c54e6e21a4ae39315f9a12b27314.png
Extra Form
Lecturer 허충길
Dept. 서울대 컴퓨터공학부
date Apr 15, 2015

I will give a broad introduction to how to mechanize mathematics (or proof), which will be mainly about the proof assistant Coq. Mechanizing mathematics consists of (i) defining a set theory, (2) developing a tool that allows writing definitions and proofs in the set theory, and (3) developing an independent proof checker that checks whether a given proof is correct (ie, whether it is a valid combination of axioms and inference rules of the set theory). Such a system is called proof assistant and Coq is one of the most popular ones.

In the first half of the talk, I will introduce applications of proof assistant, ranging from mechanized proof of 4-color theorem to verification of an operating system. Also, I will talk about a project that I lead, which is to provide, using Coq, a formally guaranteed way to completely detect all bugs from compilation results of the mainstream C compiler LLVM.

In the second half, I will discuss the set theory used in Coq, called Calculus of (Inductive and Coinductive) Construction. It will give a very interesting view on set theory. For instance, in calculus of construction, the three apparently different notions coincide: (i) sets and elements, (ii) propositions and proofs, and (iii) types and programs.

If time permits, I will also briefly discuss how Von Neumann Universes are handled in Coq and how Coq is used in homotopy type theory, led by Fields medalist Vladimir Voevodsky.

Atachment
Attachment '1'
  1. Fixed points of symplectic/Hamiltonian circle actions

2. A modified separation method to solve a heat-transfer boundary value problem

3. Arithmetic of elliptic curves

4. <학부생을 위한 ɛ 강연> Convergence of Fourier series and integrals in Lebesgue spaces

5. Trends to equilibrium in collisional rarefied gas theory

6. The Lagrange and Markov Spectra of Pythagorean triples

7. A-infinity functor and topological field theory

8. Weak and strong well-posedness of critical and supercritical SDEs with singular coefficients

9. Algebraic surfaces with minimal topological invariants

10. A wrapped Fukaya category of knot complement and hyperbolic knot

11. Alice and Bob meet Banach and von Neumann

12. Congruences between modular forms

13. W-algebras and related topics

14. On function field and smooth specialization of a hypersurface in the projective space

15. <학부생을 위한 ɛ 강연> 기하와 대수의 거울대칭

16. 1 is big enough to understand 3

17. Mathemaics & Hedge Fund

18. Unique ergodicity for foliations

19. Conformal field theory in mathematics

20. <학부생을 위한 ɛ 강연> A mathematical approach to xEV battery system

Board Pagination Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next
/ 15