https://www.math.snu.ac.kr/board/files/attach/images/701/ff97c54e6e21a4ae39315f9a12b27314.png
Extra Form
Lecturer 허충길
Dept. 서울대 컴퓨터공학부
date Apr 15, 2015

I will give a broad introduction to how to mechanize mathematics (or proof), which will be mainly about the proof assistant Coq. Mechanizing mathematics consists of (i) defining a set theory, (2) developing a tool that allows writing definitions and proofs in the set theory, and (3) developing an independent proof checker that checks whether a given proof is correct (ie, whether it is a valid combination of axioms and inference rules of the set theory). Such a system is called proof assistant and Coq is one of the most popular ones.

In the first half of the talk, I will introduce applications of proof assistant, ranging from mechanized proof of 4-color theorem to verification of an operating system. Also, I will talk about a project that I lead, which is to provide, using Coq, a formally guaranteed way to completely detect all bugs from compilation results of the mainstream C compiler LLVM.

In the second half, I will discuss the set theory used in Coq, called Calculus of (Inductive and Coinductive) Construction. It will give a very interesting view on set theory. For instance, in calculus of construction, the three apparently different notions coincide: (i) sets and elements, (ii) propositions and proofs, and (iii) types and programs.

If time permits, I will also briefly discuss how Von Neumann Universes are handled in Coq and how Coq is used in homotopy type theory, led by Fields medalist Vladimir Voevodsky.

Atachment
Attachment '1'
  1. Anomalous diffusions and fractional order differential equations

2. Seeded Ising Model for Human Iris Templates and Secure Distributed Iris Recognition

3. <학부생을 위한 ɛ 강연> 4차 산업혁명, 글로벌 디지털 혁신과 일자리 전쟁, 대학의 역할

4. An equivalent condition to Bohr's for Dirichlet series

5. On the Schauder theory for elliptic PDEs

6. <학부생을 위한 ɛ 강연> 서비스 진보의 관점에서 본 AI technology

7. Seifert fiberings

8. Mixing time of random processes

9. Periodic orbits in symplectic geometry

10. <학부생을 위한 ɛ 강연> 196884=196883+1

11. Mathematical Models and Intervention Strategies for Emerging Infectious Diseases: MERS, Ebola and 2009 A/H1N1 Influenza

12. Convex and non-convex optimization methods in image processing

13. Creation of concepts for prediction models and quantitative trading

14. <학부생을 위한 ɛ 강연> Introduction to the incompressible Navier-Stokes equations

15. An introduction to hyperplane arrangements

16. What happens inside a black hole?

17. <학부생을 위한 ε 강연> Variable-driven sociological research with data innovations

18. Subword complexity, expansion of real numbers and irrationality exponents

19. <학부생을 위한 ε 강연> 동형암호와 근사정수론

20. 4-manifold topology and disk embedding

Board Pagination Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next
/ 15