- Course : Elementary Calculus (미적분학의 첫걸음)
- Course number : 033.018 003
- Prerequisites : English + Precalculus
- Required Textbook : James Stewart, Calculus, 7th Edition, Metric version, International edition.
- Grading : midterm(200 points) + final(200 points) + quiz(4 times, 40 points each) + attendance(40 points) = Total(600 points)
- On the TA class, you are going to solve the 288 problems in the list , with the help of TA.
- Caution : English is the only language allowed in class!! If you miss the midterm or the final, you will get an automatic "U" for the final course grade.
- “U” grade for any academic dishonesty, “U” grade for absence more than a quarter of all classes.
- We cover total 48 sections. Each week, we study 4~5 sections. The following is a tentative syllabus.
|1st(9/1-9/4)||Chapter 1. Functions and limits||September 1st(Mon): Beginning of the fall semester|
|2nd(9/7-9/11)||Chapter 1. Functions and limits|
|3rd(9/14-9/18)||Chapter 2. Derivatives|
|4th(9/21-9/25)||Chapter 2. Derivatives||Quiz
1. September 21th(Mon)
September 24th(Thu): 1st quarter of spring semester
|5th(9/28-10/2)||Chapter 3. Applications of differentiation||September 26th(Sat) ~ September 29th(Tue): Chusok holidays (No class on September 28th)|
|6th(10/5-10/9)||Chapter 3. Applications of differentiation||Quiz
2. October 7th(Wed)
October 9th(Fri): Hangul day
|7th(10/12-10/16)||Chapter 3. Applications of differentiation||October 15th(Thu): SNU annversary|
|8th(10/19-10/23)||Chapter 4. Integrals||October
19th(Mon) 17:00 - 19:00
October 23th(Fri): 2nd quarter of fall semester, Last day to withdraw from courses
|9th(10/26-10/30)||Chapter 4. Integrals||October 29th(Thu) ~ October 30th(Fri): Reading period|
|10th(11/2-11/6)||Chapter 5. Applications of integration|
|11th(11/9-11/13)||Chapter 6. Inverse functions||Quiz 3. November 9th(Mon)|
|12th(11/16-11/20)||Chapter 6. Inverse functions||November 19th(Thu): 3rd quarter of spring semester
November 20th(Fri): Interview day of the undergraduate applicants
|13th(11/23-11/27)||Chapter 7. Techniques of integration||Quiz 4. November 23th(Mon)|
|14th(11/30-12/4)||Chapter 7. Techniques of integration|
|15th(12/7-12/11)||Chapter 8. Further applications of integration||December
9th(Wed) 17:00 - 19:00
December 14th(Mon): End of fall semester
|Section number||Instructor||e-mail address||Office||Phone[880-]||Course time||Lecture location|
|001||김영득||yk274 (at) snu.ac.kr||25-123||2670||월9 수9||25-101|
|Section number||Assistants||e-mail address||Office||Phone[880-]||Recitation time||Recitation location|
|001||장효석||hyoseok.jang (at) snu.ac.kr||27-222||4075||월10 수10||25-101|
|정지인||jiin (at) snu.ac.kr||27-324||1491||월10 수10||25-104|